Monday 6 May 2013

My First Visit Back to Toronto


 After my harrowing bus ride to Zagreb, once I got to the airport there everything was smooth flying back to Toronto. While it took two years for us to get to Croatia, it only took half a day for me to return to our origin. What an age we live in.

I was greeted at the airport with big smiles from Terri, Drew and Maggie. I stayed with Terri and Drew for the next month, and they graciously set us up with our own bedroom and computer. My other friend, Guy, lent me his spare car for the duration of my visit, so I was mobile and able to get stuff done. Toronto is a large city, and you need a car to get around. I stayed at Guy's house for the last week.

Being so well equipped, I was able to undertake more errands than I had planned. Visiting friends, sourcing boat parts, renewing documents, doctor's appointments, banking and a little work on Drew and Terri's boat left little time for just relaxing, but I managed to fit that in, too.

I was often asked how it felt to be back, and it is difficult to describe. I couldn't say that it was good to be back home because my home is the boat, wherever it is, and I couldn't say that I miss the city or the stuff in it. But I can say that I miss my friends. I am not very good at keeping in touch, but that doesn't mean I am not often thinking of you all. Thank you all for your kindness and generosity, and, please, come visit us soon.

Here are some photos.

Some things have changed since we left.
Branko

No comments: