Monday 20 May 2013

From Sea to Sky

It was a big day for Maggie and me today.  We energetically set off to catch the ferry from Korcula to Orebic, a resort town across the Korcula Channel, to climb a mountain(?).
That is where we got to....

after starting from there.
The whole trip took us 5 hours and we climbed up about 700 meters.  Some of it was fairly arduous, but none of it was on all fours.  The good news for me was no heart attack, but I felt close a couple of times, so it looks like I might be around for a few more years.
Mountain flowers in bloom

The mountain flowers are in bloom among the cedar trees and the breeze from the sea combines to make an indescribably fragrant scent.  The view was magnificent, and we got some much needed exercise. Afterwards when we got back to the boat, we had a refreshing saltwater bath in the sea from the dinghy.  I must say that I am most likely giving all Canadians a reputation for being avid nudists here in the Med.

We don't look exhausted.
Korcula Island across the channel.


Somebody put a church on that island...but they forgot to tell the Pope that nobody lives there.

Look at me...I am going bald!


 It was a great day, and we have a good forecast to change our neighborhood tomorrow.

Branko

No comments: