Monday 25 February 2013

Back at the Boat in Dubrovnik

Last week I returned to the boat to get started on some jobs that need doing.  Unfortunately, I haven't done very much due to the heavy rain that has been falling.

It feels strange to have left the village after being there so long.  It was a wonderful experience getting to know the family that I have here and discovering that they are all so nice.  In fact, it turns out I have another cousin that lives in the town right near the marina.  I had lunch with her and her family yesterday and they, too, are very nice.  After growing up an only child with very little family around, it is delightful having one scattered around Croatia like this.

Speaking of family, it is very lonely on the boat without Maggie (she is in Toronto) and Sophie (in retirement in Palesnik).  I am planning a trip to Toronto myself once I get the jobs done - if it stops raining long enough.

Branko

No comments: