Wednesday 18 January 2012

Hi, its Sophie

Here in Spain my name is Sophia.  I think,  a sophisticated sounding name, with just a hint of voluptuousness - perfect for me, no? :-)

First, a brief , on my trip across  the ocean:

1) I slept and lived mainly in the centre of the salon table; my body supported by the fiddles (holding on when the going got rough.).

2) I enjoyed the company of  my good friend Anne - and we almost always, slept side by side.

3) Ummm that is pretty much it,  seems I slept allot and lost weight in doing so.
Holding on.

My friend Anne

Sleeping side by side.

Back to Spain.  Nothing  new really,  except  time seems  to slip away very quickly.   It is difficult to believe we have been here for over 4 months, and still we find each day different, fun and exciting. 
Reading up on currents

Short  stop in the sunbeam

I exercise each morning by running  back and forth, crazily, so I have been told -  from the bow to stern and repeat, repeat, repeat and...... repeat;  then a short scratch on the ropes (try hard no to be seen, or heard doing this) and back to my food (quick bite) and blanket for another twelve or so hours of sleep.
Exhausted  

  I often look out the window and sometimes sit on the bow watching life go by -

 I have been safe (so far) from the 'Top" marina cat who pushed me off the boat.  He surprised me!  I slipped and he gave me a one/two and then I was holding on for dear life,  one paw and one claw was all that was preventing me from yet  another swim (remember  Florida...),  when Branko (again) came to my rescue and chased him away.
 Mind you,  he was not afraid and stood on the shore watching...waiting..until the next time.
 I did not leave the interior for many weeks - until I um, totally forgot about it all :-)
On the bow

My bed - blanket

Yes, this is my scratching pad!

Thinking about life and sleeping








Salon table, where I used to sleep

Lets see,
 oh yes,  I had a  bath or  two (cannot remember how many..) when we first  arrived,  and  well, having never had one before I was  none  too happy.

 I was good though, I did not scratch  or fight, just hung there making allot of noise - but  no one came to my rescue;  and it  was quite  a racket.

Thankfully,  I have  not met up with "Top Cat" again nor had another bath since.  I keep  my paws crossed that, that  was the end of both.    Although, whenever I see the big tub, or another cat,  I remember, something, not  sure what,  but  something, and it tells me to run away, run away.

Talk soon
Sophia XXOO
P.S.  For those coming to visit, I no longer sleep on the table.

Now they have..

My feet have not yet met the water

2 comments:

rainer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.