Wednesday 14 December 2011

Family visit

My most favorite, most wonderful , most perfect and only,  sisters (Mary and Cathy) and brother-in-law (Howard) came  to Spain last week.

Howard, Mary, Cathy, me and Bob


Outside Bob's house


 They traveled by car from Madrid, to Toledo, to Seville (and all spots in-between) and finally arrived in Granada, where we met them.

 My cousin Bob, who lives in Granada,  prepared a delicious dinner complete with dessert for us all.  He coined the visit "the Cousin Invasion"  but I know  he was only joking.... I think.   Surprisingly my family ended up renting an  apartment across the street,  so it was easy to visit with each other.  No one got  lost getting from one place to another... or so I was told.

Mary, drinking tea  in the Arab quarter


Monastery, Granada - damn birds :-)

Orange trees

Cathedral;  pics of  King Ferdinand and Queen Isabel of Spain
We walked around Granada, had lunch in the  Arab quarter,  visited the cathedral and monastery - and before long  it was over and we went back to Almerimar.

Howard had said to himself over the years;  IF they ever finished the boat,  and IF they ever left the dock, and IF they ever crossed the ocean,  than he MUST come and visit. So glad they did,  it was wonderful for me.   I really enjoyed their visit, time with my family, cousin and all.

Hope to see them in Croatia next fall.

Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.