Wednesday 7 July 2010

Just the three of us......

Sofie
Branko
Maggie
Started off Monday morning bright and early from Kingston;  crew of 3 - Maggie, Branko and Sailor Meow meow aka Sofie the cat  (thank you Mon Mon.)

Winds were perfect. Wonderful sail around Wolf Island to the main channel - peaceful, lovely and then July 4th weekend hit us - full frontal.    Boats, all manner of watercraft and things I have never seen before blew past and around us at breakneck speed   Seems that all watercraft must be driven at the highest speed possible - busy people, going back and forth, forth and back.  OK enough of the July 4th hubbub - back to the crew of H2OBO.

We finished the day anchored around the corner from Brockville,  tucked away behind Smith Island.  Had a much needed swim and amazingly enough Branko still smelled like a daisy :-)
Waiting for 'traffic' leaving a lock
The next two days found us traversing locks and bridges.  It was a good thing that we never paid or spent money for my St Lawrence 'boat delivery' excursion back mid-May;   since I confused all the locks and seemed to have taken incorrect notes.   The bonus - was that it was like I had never been down this way before,  so enjoyed it for a second/first time :-)

Anchored in a nice little bay on Lake St.Louis (suburb of Montreal) looking out over the resto/bar of Melocheville and enjoying the hot weather.
H2OBO entering a lock 

3 comments:

Mon said...

Love the blog! And how does Branko manage to stay so fresh?
I am enjoying my vicarious journey down the St. Lawrence from my sofa. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a first-hand account of sailing in Bahamas! Or is it Barbados? Belize?

Miss you guys!

CarlyBeth said...

I have started saving for bahamas.

miss you so much

GIRASOL said...

Bonjour!

Looks like they named a lake after me. They got it wrong though, I'm no saint. Glad to see you are having a great time. A la prochene (until next time)